Small Sustainable Business Spotlight: Belle Terre!

Happy Monday!

Today I'd like to feature a small business that I was introduced to on Saturday, Belle Terre, and throw a spotlight on their AMAZING natural and sustainable products. On Saturday, I went to an event held only twice a year here in Raleigh called The Handmade Market. Vendors and local crafters and artisans from all over the region appeared to showcase their goods, fine wares and handicrafts. It was such a beautiful and splendid scene, absolutely bustling with people. It was great to see so much zeal for unique and handmade items and amazing creations. So let me get back to Belle Terre... They were tucked in the back of the showroom, their warm smiles and friendly demeanor drawing me in, their products being some of the best I've ever procured. After talking with them for just a moment, I knew I wanted what they had to offer. They have everything from soap to lip balm to laundry detergent. And it all smelled amazing. And what's best of all-- they're actually amazingly affordable considering the fact that they use most or all organic ingredients in their products. They especially place emphasis on using all-organic essential oils in each product. They also feature eco-friendly packaging and donate 5% of their sales to charity.

Here is a statement from their Etsy page:
Belle Terre is a purveyor of natural, handcrafted soaps, lip balms and related products. We use only organic oils, we use minimal and recycled packaging, and we commit 5% of our sales to charity. All of this means you can enjoy our products with peace of mind, knowing that not only are they great for you, but they are also helping to create a cleaner and healthier world for everyone.

So what did I settle on from this amazing husband-wife team? I got their organic lip balm in Mint ($3) and got some of their natural laundry detergent in Tea Tree ($10). I had the hardest time choosing just one! Lavender, Lemongrass, and so on... So many wonderful scents wafting from their table. What sold me on the Tea Tree, though, was that it would likely have extra antibacterial properties for washing cloth diapers, though I suspect any of the laundry soaps would have worked wonderfully. And yes, it was confirmed that their laundry detergent works on cloth diapers very well. At just $10 a bag, you get approximately 50-60 standard loads of laundry washed! This is a dream to have such an awesome product capable of such awesome things made by such awesome people.




So I did some cloth diaper laundry last night. There were some absolutely dirty diapers in that load... And they came out so fresh, so clean, not even a stain in sight! the remarkable thing is that the unique tea tree oil blend doesn't leave its scent in the diapers, so it smells as though you used an unscented laundry soap, but even so, I personally love the scent of tea tree oil and wouldn't mind if it did linger a bit. (I ALWAYS keep a bottle of tea tree oil in the bathroom, too, for the many awesome qualities it bears.) So after saying all this, I must recommend with my whole heart the wonderful products offered by Belle Terre. I can't wait to purchase more from them-- and actually wish I had gotten more from them at the market. But I know I can order online when I need more-- and because of where I live, I am spoiled to have a small business nearby that carries their products!


You can shop Belle Terre's products on their website or through their Etsy page, read their blog here, or find them on Facebook or Twitter!

(This entry bears my opinion alone and was not solicited, bribed or sponsored in any way by Belle Terre.)

Comments

Popular Posts