Autumn Flavors & Colors

So, yesterday was the big day... The first batch of the season... The highly-anticipated (in this household, anyway)... PUMPKIN BREAD! And it did not disappoint...


Oh, such a beautiful shade of orange... Okay, I'll stop gushing about it. I suppose I should go ahead and share the recipe! I changed a few things from what I've normally done in years past, and I dare say they were improvements!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups raw cane sugar
3/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 can organic pumpkin (1/2 of the 15 ounce size)
appx. 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or you can 1/2 cup whole wheat amd 1 cup all-purpose, or sub with your favorite gluten-free flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. sea salt (I prefer either Celtic or Pink Himalayan)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground/grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
dash of ground ginger, or more if you want the zing of gingerbread
1/2 cup water, approximately -- may need slightly more or less, more if you use the whole wheat flour
**optional: 2 eggs -- I omitted for the purpose of having vegan bread, and it was BETTER than when I'd used eggs in years past!**

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix all your dry ingredients and set aside. Mix together the pumpkin and coconut oil, and eggs if you decide to use them. I will say that if you DO use eggs in your recipe, step the amount of coconut oil down to 1/2 cup rather than 3/4 cup. Mix ingredients all together, stirring until well-mixed but still slightly lumpy so that the bread doesn't fall. I never use a mixer. I do this manually so as not to over-mix. Pour into a glass bread-baking dish that has been lightly oiled with coconut oil on the sides. Bake for 35-45 minutes (times vary depending on oven and slight heat variations -- just insert a toothpick or bamboo skewer in the middle section and if it comes out clean then you're good to go). I thought this was delicious with just a tiny bit of raw pumpkin spice honey to set the flavors, but it has always tasted just fine without this, as well. It is absolutely perfect, moist, delicious, and aromatic. I hope you enjoy it as much as I always do!


And while you're salivating over that... I found a fantastic burnt-orange color scarf at Goodwill on Sunday, along with a red-orange eyelet skirt. While I didn't get any images of the skirt, I just couldn't stop admiring the scarf. Both make a great ensemble with some old cowgirl boots I have. I can't wait to wear them all together! And such a fantastic deal, the combined cost of both being under $5.00. You all know how much I love thrifting...



And I'll leave you with an image of the cutest little rug-rat I've ever seen... And he just happens to belong to me! Happy 7 months of life, my sweet Caden!!

Comments

Popular Posts