Juice Tuesday!

Good morning!

Ah, the feel of the cool, crisp air wafting gently through my windows... With September right around the corner, these cool nights and mornings definitely invoke higher anticipations for autumn than ever before!

Well, on to our subject... JUICE! We (my husband and I) normally juice several times a week, so juicing won't just occur on Tuesdays... But, for blogging purposes, it's a nice way to get it on your mind and hopefully encourage you to begin considering adding a juice to your diet at least once a week. It helps purge your body of free radicals (cancer-causing agents) and other pathogens. It boosts up your nutrient intake... And it just tastes good and feels refreshing! We've been juicing since December 2009 with our Breville, which is one of the best juicers out there. (I try to juice fast about one day a week. Currently, I'm a little hesitant to do more than that because I'm breastfeeding. I know it'd be okay to go into 2 or 3 days, but I'm not ready to do that just yet.) Juicing is fantastic, though, because it gives your body a break, so to speak. It allows the nutrients to be more easily absorbed without your body working super hard to break down the fiber of these fantastic raw fruits and vegetables.

Look at these beautiful colors:


And the finished glasses, comprised of beets, lacinato (or dinosaur) kale, carrots, ginger, lemon, apples, and celery. All organic. Occasionally we also juice organic dandelion greens or some other herbs for ultra-detoxification, but each of the ingredients used today still performs amazing tasks to the benefit of our bodies, each in their own unique way! God has given us an abundance of amazing things in nature with which to care for our bodies.


Well, I'm going to listen to Nick Drake and enjoy my juice out on our balcony with my husband before he heads to work! This morning is glorious!

Comments

Popular Posts