Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Okay, so...

Admittedly, it has been a while since I last presented an entry. But there have been a great many goings-on in the life of the natural mother, involving working, moving, and several life changes. Some are good; others, not so good. But I'm taking it all in stride and hoping and praying for the best.

2012 will hold many interesting things for me, I'm sure; for one thing, I've decided to finally pursue my passion regarding natural birth and take steps towards becoming a birth and post-partum doula, and eventually a childbirth educator with knowledge of natural healing, nutrition, and aromatherapy. (I already have knowledge of and passion for these things, but will have a formal educational background to support them.) Also, I may be going back to college to finish my original degree so that I have that under my belt, as well. That degree lies in the field of History with a minor in Anthropology. I had hopes of becoming an archaeologist and studying cultural anthropology around the world, but with an emphasis in Central & South American as well as European regions.

Obviously my interests are widespread, but my passion and determination runs deep. I have many things to accomplish, and the only time is NOW. So I will continue to be in prayer about all of this, but my primary calling is to become a doula and support women, regardless of the type of birth they choose or have, but to help bring the most natural methods possible to them and thus help grant their little one the best entry possible into this world and their mother's arms.

Hope 2012 finds you all well, happy, and healthy!

3 comments:

TravlinMom said...

Becoming a doula is an excellent idea. As a new mom yourself, you know how much support is needed and appreciated by new moms! I'm considering this myself. Blessings to you on discernign what you'll be doing!

Kiyomi said...

Hey, Just wanted to let you know that my parent's liked the tree ring pencil drawing that you did for them. I added the kids hand and foot print to it to add a personal touch. Feel free to email sometime kmonkey13 at yahoo.com. Hope all is going well for you.

Unknown said...


Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!














Send Gifts to your Mother in Chennai